Welcome to the #1 Audi RS3 Forum and Audi RS3 community dedicated to Audi RS3 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Audi RS3 Forum today!

2015 Audi S3 Clunk in front end

Jin-Roh

Reactions
City
Fort Worth
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Audi S3
Hello,

The car has a clunk in the front end. Appears to be when driving and the suspension is moved enough.

I took it into the first shop and they said it was the struts. $3500

I got a second opinion at the second shop and they found nothing wrong with the suspension system. Not the struts, brakes, wheels etc.

I have to bring it back into the second shop in a couple days. They said that they have to look deeper and that it may be in the all wheel drive system.

Can anyone shed some light on this. Thank!

Reactions
City
Chicago
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Audi S3
I have the same thing happening, very minor, usually only at slow speeds, and usually when creeping over uneven road. Curious to know. Figured mine was endlink or tie rod, maybe ball joint. Not bad enough to explore yet, pops maybe once or twice a week.

OP
J

Jin-Roh

Reactions
City
Fort Worth
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Audi S3
Thread Starter #3
It ended up being the struts and actually the first shop (Tims German Auto) was the only diagnosis that was correct and the cheapest. One shop wanted to replace everything and it was going to be $7000.

Its been 2 months since we got the struts replaced and no issues since. I might add that there were no aftermarket replacements that anyone was aware of so we had to order from Audi. Every shop said that the price was so steep because of that. I was a bit surprised that after 8 years this was the case but the car is paid for and $3500 is not pocket change but better than buying a new car.